Sunday, May 12, 2013

21 days of gratitude

I went to a management conference a few weeks ago and a guy named Shawn Achor gave a talk about The Happiness Advantage. Essentially, we can train ourselves to be positive, thus relating to happier. He said some pretty interesting stuff, but at the end, gave 5 ways people could live a more positive life. He has a quick TED talk if you're interested, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXy__kBVq1M.

I decided I'm going to try one of his tactics. The one I'm giving a shot first is 21 days of gratitude. For 21 days, I have to list 3 things I'm grateful for. Each day I have to pick 3 different things than what has already been listed. Instead of scanning my atmosphere for negatives, I'm going to train myself to think of the positives.

Welcome to Day 1.

Mom (duh, Mother's day), sunshine (was a beautiful day) and short hangovers (Mitch's graduation party was last night).

No comments:

Post a Comment