Sunday, September 29, 2013

Short person problems

I've got a beef with retailers lately. Not mine necessarily, but all of them. Or maybe it should be with Ozarka for not paying for prime shelf space.

This ramble is about sparkling water, but really it's about better research and better knowledge of the product's core shopper.

I'm going to go out on a pretty thick limb and say that the majority of consumers that buy Ozarka Sparkling water (or any Sparkling water for that matter) are women. Probably young, and probably not poor. Being that the average female in the U.S. is approx 5'4'', let's consider what happens when litre bottles of water are removed from the top shelf of the sparkling water section. Oh yes, after those first two are gone, you know what happens retailers? I CAN'T REACH THE OTHER ONES!

Now I'm willing to place the blame also on the stores that don't face their product. But, even if they did face the product, that would still only bring forward 2, maybe 3 bottles. I usually buy 5. Why? A week is 5 days long. When I can only reach 2 or 3, guess how many I buy?

I know shelf space is well thought out and important, but can we help a girl out here?

No comments:

Post a Comment