Thursday, January 16, 2014

Beef - 2 minutes

Having just come from a sushi place to the butcher across the street, I wasn't quite sure what I wanted for dinner, but I did know I wanted it to be substantial. I had a rough day again and was just tired of everything. Looking at the menu there weren't great veggie options anyway, so I decided to get the beef short ribs with gouda mac and cheese. I hadn't had beef short ribs in a while and the last time I had them when I was really craving them, I didn't so much enjoy them. This time was different. The meat was absolutely perfect and the au jus was amazing. I split the meal with a friend and she enjoyed the larger portion of meat, but that was just fine. The beef was so tender it just fell apart and the mac n cheese was creamy and tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment