Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 13: Caved

Breakfast this morning was a little boring. All I had was a banana and some blueberries, but I thought it was the best option.
We went over to my cousin's, and waited for my Aunt to make it in town. Then we drove down to the Shedd Aquarium. The line to get it was 2 hours long, and I was starving, so I had a veggie burger from a food stand. I was impressed they even offered a veggie burger, but it was salty and surrounded by white bun. Alas, it was better than starving for the next 6 hours.
It did the trick to tide me over until after aquarium fun was had. We met a bud for a quick drink before heading out to the suburbs again for Mexican dinner with the entire family.
At the Mexican place, I did stay away from cheese, meat and dairy. I did not, however, stay away from tortilla chips. I was hungry and I love them. We did order guac so as to kind of get some veggies, but alas, I ate too many chips.
I had veggie fajitas with corn tortillas for dinner. There were even a few pieces of broccoli, squash, cauliflower, it had lots of onions, some mushrooms and was pretty good.
A glass of wine later and it is time for bed to get ready for a record high day in Chicago tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment