Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 18: Cheese

Today was just one of those days. I had to get my car tags renewed, so I went to the DMV early and I got there when they opened and was the 72nd person in line. I have no idea how that happens, but I had left my smoothie in the car while I went in. I wish I would have brought it with me, my stomach was growling.
I got to work at 9am to find out two people had been fired. Not a great start to the day.
I had to go to the plumbing store at lunch to pick out my bathroom vanity top and my shower kit, and I went by a new place downtown, Cafe Gratitude for lunch.
The place was great. I loved the vibe, my server Matt was awesome and I was in a great mood despite the day's happenings.
I had a veggie burger that was really....earthy. I'm not sure I'd have it again. For veggie, it was good, but I kept expecting a juicy burger. It is a challenge for a reason. I'd definitely go back though because I do want to try their other offerings.
The afternoon was pretty painless, but I couldn't leave work fast enough.
Tonight was book club, so I went to my parents' and ate black bean enchilada leftovers then headed to book club where it was French night. Cheese abounded. For the first time all challenge, I ate dairy. Very small pieces of cheeses with some white baguette. I also had some pasta with carmelized onions. I hadn't had pasta in 18 days. It had parmesean on top and was yummy. We took strawberries with cocoa nut dip, which I enjoyed immensely. I did eat pears and asparagus too so I could get in some of my 90/10 balance. Maybe not a total success for the day, but considering the events, pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment