Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 7 : Laying low

After a horrible night of sleep in the new bed and new room, I didn't wake up feeling great this morning. I walked to my parents' house for breakfast like I do every Sunday and we had oatmeal, peaches and pineapple. I felt a little better after breakfast, but still not top notch.
We did some mid-afternoon shopping and hung out a bit, it was a pretty lazy Sunday, which was just fine with me because next weekend we'll be in Chicago for a birthday party. I got my rest in while I could.
For dinner we decided to have a Cream of Mushroom soup. We had to visit Whole Foods earlier in the day though because we couldn't find carrot juice at Hen House. Whole Foods was bonkers. We got what we needed and got out of there. I'm not sure if it is the solar eclipse or what, but today was just a weird day. I felt horrible, we saw a poodle riding shotgun in a red convertible, a man wearing shorts only young females should attempt to wear and a flower painted car. Plus, I was irritable. I think because I didn't get much sleep.
Mom also made apple strudel for dessert. Just apples, oats, cinnamon and egg white. No ice cream, much to my dad's disappointment.
The parents are holding up pretty well on the challenge. They've cheated a few times, but if it is necessary to fit it into the way of life, so be it.
I've decided to start taking photos of my meals because that is way more exciting, so I'll attempt that this week. There is much challenge ahead though. Four days of traveling and being in a hotel doesn't bode well for the challenge. We'll see how it goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment