Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It's Day 3 and I'm cranky.

I'm not really sure if the crankiness has anything to do with the challenge, but I know it isn't helping.
I had the same smoothie for breakfast this morning that I had yesterday morning, but this morning I woke up starving. I guess the bean soup last night wasn't as filling as necessary.
For lunch I came home and had a cauliflower soup that my mom made for her and my dad last night. The soup was just too spicy for me. It wasn't hot spicy, well it was, but I think that spice was pepper. I'm not a pepper fan. I know that is a weird dislike, but I'm really not that fond of it. If I do use it, I do so very sparingly. But then again, I realized I'm not a big spice person in general. My favorite spice? Cinnamon. Or maybe cumin. I do like herbs, especially basil, but spices, especially curry are just not my thing.
I digress.
I did try to eat most of the soup because it was all I had, but I only made it about 3/4 of the way through, which was ok because, as per last night's reviews, the soup was very filling. I had some cherry tomatoes and grapes to finish off the lunch.
I had to have some peanuts when I got back to work to feel a little more full, but I was in a work meeting from 3pm on and I felt like I was talking forever. I started to get cranky then because my stomach was growling.
When I got home, I just couldn't decide what I wanted to make for dinner.I had to have a spoon of natural peanut butter to tide myself over while I decided. I wish someone would just provide me a list of what to eat each night and this would be better. I need to just make one in advance so I don't play this game all the time.
I ended up having falafel from a box. It was....spicy. Ha. I think it was corriander, but I masked it a bit with salsa and ate some broccoli with it and made it through. At least I was full. I have 9 more mini falafel patties in the fridge, so I better suck it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment