Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 33: Jazz in the Woods

As with most mornings, I had a smoothie this morning for breakfast. I didn't have any containers though, so I had to use a cup. The only bad part was that the smoothie was actually pretty ugly. It had the rest of the strawberries, blueberries, a banana, spinach, coconut water and some frozen peaches in it. Tasty enough.
The day was filled with meetings and calls and moving offices. It was somewhat weird moving offices, but I had to get the cube ready for the new guy. I'm not really sure how he is going to work out, but I'll have to do my best because I don't have much of a choice.
I came home for lunch and ate the rest of the huge salad I had made the other night. Dad was here and he was working on my shower. The walls are finally going in and I'm pumped that it is getting closer and closer to being finished.
I basically spent the afternoon moving and cleaning and answering emails. I had to get my computer all hooked up in the new office, plus clean out all of the old stuff. What a pain. It finally got all set though. I don't know why someone didn't think to get all the new guy's stuff set up, but for some reason he doesn't have his phone or computer set up yet. Another thing for me to do I guess.
I went by the store after work to get some strawberries since they were on text special. I grabbed some water too and came home to get situated for going to Corporate Woods for Jazz in the Woods. The traffic and parking wasn't that bad when I got out there, so I was able to find the pals and get a good spot. Then it was the hunt for falafel. Jerusalem Cafe was out there and we waited in a short line for Jerusalem Cafe and then had in our hands the delightful falafel. It was everything I had been waiting for. I had a glass of sangria with it. Heaven. I debated for a while getting another one, but by the time I went up there the line was forever long, so I opted for a glass of white wine instead.
The Elders were great as usual and then the saxophonist Warren Hill was just simply amazing. I think listening to the sax might be one of my favorite instruments. It was a great night. I was going to go out after, but decided instead to come home and rest up for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment