Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 40: Relaxation

I sleep well last night, but boy I did not want to get up this morning. Of course it was the only morning this week that I didn't have a smoothie ready to eat on the go. Instead after I hurried through a shower and getting ready, I had to run to my parents' house to drop off my trash to be picked up. Yes, I don't pay for garbage removal because 1. I don't have enough to warrant it weekly and 2. my parents live 3 blocks away so I just use theirs. Convenient, I know. After dropping off the trash, I ran in and made myself a pb and honey sandwich for a quick breakfast and then headed to work a bit late this morning.
I had a banana at morning snack time and for lunch went down to the company bbq, but all they had were ribs, potato salad, coleslaw and baked beans with cookies for dessert. I had a little bit of beans and coleslaw, but not too much because I knew it wasn't exactly good for me.
I came home for lunch and had black bean nachos, which also weren't an ideal meal, but I didn't have anything made. It sustained me through the afternoon though.
When I came home from work, I already knew I was going to have homemade pizza for dinner. I had bought some flatout breads before, so I filled one up with tomato sauce, onion, mushroom, spinach, zucchini, black olives, tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts and avocado. I had a tomato, basil and balsamic salad while the veggies cooked onto the pizza and then ate the whole pizza. Yum.
For some reason lately I have been craving chocolate also. I haven't really the whole challenge, so not sure why I am now. It might have something to do with it being almost over, but I have to get away from that craving again. I had a spoon of natural pb to try and appease the sweets craving, and it has done the trick. Sadly I watched the Royals get killed by the Cardinals before going to bed at 10 on a Friday night. Exciting life huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment