Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 37: Chickpea Fajitas

Another green smoothie started off the morning. This one was the same as yesterday but much denser. I had to add quite a bit of sparkling water to it to make it fluid enough to eat. I finished it before heading off to work thoughso I didn't have to check my teeth for seeds when I got there.
The morning was spent on a variety of activities, but I was starving by 9am. I'm not quite sure why, especially because there was a pretty substantial amount of green smoothie this morning.
I came home for lunch and had leftover no pasta lasagna with black beans on top and a few pickled beets. Boy do I love those beets. Probably not the best for me, but whoa they are good. The lasagna was still better again than it was even the first night.
This afternoon at work I decided I needed a new desk. For some reason, mine is way crappier than the others in the department. Mostly the problem will be that I have to sit at such a weird angle. Lots of crazy exciting stuff is happening at work, just gotta figure out how to pull them off.
After work I came home and had a few chips with some black beans on top because once again I was starving. I do find it interesting that I didn't want to stop eating the chips. I haven't really had that problem since before the challenge. I also craved chocolate for the first time today. I'm not sure if it is just a mindset thing or what, but I resisted.
I went to the store and bought lots of veggies and lots of frozen vegetables. I came home and made baked chickpea fajitas. The chickpeas were crunchy and all the veggies loaded into the saute pan made the fajitas really tasty. I think the lime juice helped, and cumin is never a bad thing. I tried to clean up the house a little bit while watching the Royals. I made some more green smoothie and headed off for more Les Mis.

No comments:

Post a Comment